This unique two-day ‘hands-on’ musculoskeletal (MSK) intervention course will provide the participant to perform Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal interventional procedures on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers under direct supervision by Consultant Musculoskeletal Interventional Radiologists. This Cardiff Cadaveric Ultrasound-guided Musculoskeletal Intervention Course is popularly known by the acronym CCUMIC.
With a high tutor-to-participant ratio, this practical course will be delivered in small groups using a series of tutor demonstrations where participants undertake various interventional procedures on cadavers, simulating clinical practice.
Practical sessions will include injection of joints and surrounding soft tissue structures, and techniques such as dry needling and biopsies. The indications and contraindications for musculoskeletal interventions, and the role of pertinent drugs including potential complications will also be discussed. A workshop at the end of the course will give the participants an opportunity to consolidate on their particular area of interest.
- Understand the basic principles of Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal interventional procedures
- Understand the indications, contraindications and potential risks of interventional procedures
- Practice various Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
Features and Highlights
- Participants work on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
- Tutored and supervised by Consultant Musculoskeletal Interventional Radiologists
- Hands-on practical course with a high tutor-to-participant ratio
- Small group teaching and demonstrations
Any of the following professionals who practice MSK ultrasound-guided intervention:
- Consultants, Speciality Registrars (ST4, ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8) and Registrar-level doctors in:
- General Practitioners (GPs)
- Sports Physicians