Glasgow Periprosthetic Infection Symposium
Provided by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
About the course
Our inaugural Periprosthetic Meeting has an internationally renowned faculty who will discuss all aspects of periprosthetic joint infection including basic sciences, diagnosis, clinical features and the necessity of a multidisciplinary approach.
The Meeting consists of a series of lectures, panel discussions and clinical scenarios outlining the latest research and up to date consensus on managing this challenging clinical issue.
- epidemiology and basic science of periprosthetic infection
- prevention of periprosthetic infection
- recognise the indications of when periprosthetic infection occurs and diagnosis
- the management of periprosthetic infection
- a multidisciplinary team approach is mandatory
- the importance of audit
- research and future developments of management of periprosthetic infection
Who should attend?
- Consultant Orthopaedic surgeons
- Orthopaedic trainees
- Microbiology specialists
- Infectious disease specialists
- Arthroplasty nurse specialists
- Arthroplasty physiotherapists