About the course
The course includes an introduction to educational supervision, updates on the new RCPCH assessment and workshops on career advice, supporting doctors in difficulty, managing the able trainee, as well as, giving constructive feedback.
The course, led by our expert faculty, is dynamic, interactive and engaging with ample opportunity for delegate participation.
Key learning aims
By the end of the day, you will:
- understand the difference between clinical and educational supervision
- understand the difference between formative and summative assessment
- have an overview of different teaching and learning methods
- know how to prepare and conduct a good educational supervision session and use e-Portfolio appropriately
- feel confident in assessing their trainees’ learning needs
- understand the complexities of a trainee in difficulty
- feel confident in applying different strategies for managing trainees in these circumstances
- feel confident in applying different strategies to support the trainee who is excelling
- have developed techniques for giving feedback effectively in a way which encourages learning
- understand the importance of contributing to the quality assurance of training and the Deanery processes involved in providing excellent training.