About the course
A one-day course dealing with the diagnosis, assessment, multidisciplinary management and referral pathways for children and young people who have chronic pain.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
- Identify current concepts of pain physiology in acute and chronic pain
- Explain underlying mechanisms in clinical presentations of pain
- Utilise the chronic pain management pathway in children and pain education techniques.
- Assess pain intensity and pain-associated disability
- Explain multimodal management principles in nociceptive, neuropathic and functional pain disorders
- Prescribe and implement rational & evidence-based pain management strategies
- Identify referral pathways and avoid pitfalls in the management of problematic pain