This one-day course is aimed at delegates who have a declared subspeciality interest in Breast Surgery at the Section II of the Intercollegiate FRCS (Gen Surgery) Examination. It has been observed that generic FRCS preparation courses do not have the time to focus on each subspeciality, and as such, many delegates struggle with questions at an ST7 and ST8 level in their declared subspeciality. This course is aimed to effectively address that pitfall and will highlight the key components and high-yield topics from the sub-speciality of Breast within the JCST General Surgical curriculum.
The day will be divided into two distinct but related components.
The morning session will cover the following topics:
- Current Trends in Breast Oncology.
- Role of Breast Radiology.
- Controversies in Breast Surgery.
- Recent Advances in Breast Oncoplasty.
The afternoon session will be dedicated to vivas and discussions:
- The delegates will participate in one-to-one clinical and academic viva sessions and receive focused feedback from the experienced faculty.
- The session will also provide practical tips and exam preparation guidance from consultants.