About the course
Taught by clinical anatomists and surgeons, this intensive two-day revision course is intended to help surgical trainees prepare for the surgical anatomy and pathology components of the MRCS OSCE exam.
The Sessions will be predominately small group demonstrations and tutorials using anatomical prosections, relevant pathology, osteology and surface anatomy. This course will consolidate the candidates core and applied surgical knowledge in anatomy and relevant pathology; provide a focused revision of pertinent exam topics in this area, and; aid the candidate's aptitude to handle the OSCE stations effectively.
In addition, there will be surface anatomy demonstrations on live volunteers. The mock OSCE on the second day of the course will cover surgical anatomy (prosections, osteology and surface anatomy), surgical pathology, surgical radiology, surgical skills and patient safety.
Teaching Format & Highlights
- Demonstration using anatomical prosections and cross-sections.
- Small group tutorials and interactive sessions.
- Covers relevant osteology and surgical pathology.
- Surface anatomy on live volunteer.
- Mock OSCE exam: Depending on size of course, usually 20 OSCE stations that are structured similar to the exam. Every candidate receiving the opportunity to be examined on all stations.
- Feedback of performance in Mock OSCE exam provided after course to highlight strengths and weaknesses to focus revision.