About the course
This interactive course combines a practical workshop using animal tissue and unembalmed cadavers with eLearning modules to equip you with a range of essential coloproctology skills.
You’ll learn about the evaluation and treatment of benign anorectal diseases, pilonidal disease and stoma surgery, plus a variety of surgical procedures on the abdominal colon.
This course is mapped to the ISCP syllabus for ST3-5.
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Manage haemorrhoids
- Recognise perianal sepsis
- Practice formation of stomas
- Perform mobilisation of the colon
- Identify the basic management of emergency colorectal surgery
- Outline the indications for Hartmann’s procedure and plan the preparation for Hartmann’s reversal and surgical techniques
This course is suitable for ST3-5 and SAS grades at an equivalent level.