About the course
This intensive and interactive course gives you the unique opportunity to discuss and debate some of the dilemmas of thyroid and parathyroid surgery with other senior trainees and consultants.
You will learn from experienced faculty via interactive case based discussions, seminars and small group workshops.
You will cover a variety of topics during this course, including:
- Diagnosis, investigation and preparation for surgery
- The difficult case and re-operative surgery
- A range of debates on thyroid and parathyroid topics
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Review the treatment options for the benign thyroid, including surgical preparation for thyrotoxicosis, thyroid incidentaloma and the approach for retrosternal goitre
- Discuss the anatomy of the lateral neck and the various routes for neck dissection
- Review and analyse the treatment options for cases involving medullary thyroid cancer, follicular thyroid carcinoma and papillary thyroid carcinoma
- Review the options and treatment for the malignant thyroid conditions including lymphoma, thy3f and rising thyroglobulin
- Demonstrate wide-ranging knowledge in thyroid and parathyroid surgery and operative procedures
- Confidently evaluate thyroid and parathyroid dilemmas and how challenging cases are managed
This course is run in partnership with the British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons (BAETS)