About the course
From the pill to pelvic pain, periods and prolapses, this one day women’s health update covers the latest evidence and guidelines as well as simple ideas which we as GPs have found helpful in our consultations. The subjects are covered in a much greater depth than is possible on the general GP Update course.
As with all GP update events the format will be lecture based, interspersed with case scenarios and Q&A sessions. The sessions will be informal, interactive and light-hearted.
You will also ‘meet’ Dr Fraser and see how well he handles things…or not!
What will I learn?
What’s new in contraception
- Managing acute and chronic pelvic pain including endometriosis
- Investigating amenorrhoea and diagnosing PCOS
- Menorrhagia and bleeding issues
- A guide to HRT and menopause
- Urinary incontinence
…and much more!
A printed copy of the Women’s Health Update Handbook including the results of the most important research in primary care over the last 5 years and covering the subjects more extensively than is possible in the course.
- 12 months subscription to www.gpcpd.com. Home of both the GP Update and Women’s Health Update Handbooks online. With three times the content of the handbook, it allows you to capture CPD credits as you read on the site and use it in consultations! It also comes with focused learning activities to earn further CPD credits…at the end of the year you simply upload everything ready for your appraiser.
- A buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
The one day course provides you with 6 CPD credits to help you meet the requirements for appraisals and revalidation.
On the day, registration starts at 9.00am and the course runs from 9.30 to 5.00pm.