About the course
Imaging has contributed to some of the most significant advances in biomedicine and healthcare and this trend is accelerating.
UCL offers a world-class environment in medical imaging and hosts several medical and biomedical imaging centres of excellence.
The UCL Centre for Advanced Biomedical Imaging is one of the world’s leading imaging centres and is dedicated to developing imaging techniques of the future. It hosts 12 state of the art imaging modalities in an interdisciplinary environment drawing together biology, medicine, physics, engineering, and art.
The MSc in Advanced Biomedical Imaging, taught by leading scientists and clinicians, equips students from all science and medical backgrounds with detailed knowledge of advanced imaging techniques and new insights into the cellular, molecular and functional processes which they illuminate. The MSc can be used to prepare students for a PhD, a career in industry or to enhance a CV for a radiology application or for career progression.
The MSc is linked to University College London Hospitals (UCLH), including Great Ormond Street Hospital, the UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre and National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. This will provide an ideal training for further research and applications for a PhD at UCL Centre for Doctoral Training in Medical Imaging.
- Advanced Biomedical Imaging Techniques
- Practical Pre-clinical Research (including Home Office Personal Licence)
- Translational Biomedical Imaging of Disease and Therapy
- Science Communication for Biomedicine
- Statistical Methods in Research
- Ethics and Regulation of Research
- Laboratory or clinically based research project.
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a scientific or medical discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- If English is not your first language, 6.5 IELTS or 92 IBT TOEFL.
Fees and funding 2017/18
UK/EU: £12,680. Overseas: £24,140
The Division of Medicine is offering three postgraduate taught bursaries of £5000 each to students eligible to pay for fees at the UK/EU rate.
Click here for further information and to apply.
28 July 2017
Mr Matthew Brown, Programme Administrator
+44 (0)20 3108 2308