About the course
The course is suitable for all GPs Nurse practitioners, Emergency Care Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, first responders, GP trainers (qualified and practicing and AiTs/Newly qualified).
You will leave armed with real-world solutions to managing online consultations both for in hours and Out of Hours settings. The course is suitable for all GPs (qualified and practicing and AiTs/Newly qualified).
• Understand the purpose of online/video consultations and triage
• Provide knowledge and awareness for carrying out appropriate, cost effective and safe online consultations
• Improve confidence in Online consultations
• Develop an awareness of the communication and questioning skills required during an online video consultation
• Discuss and practice safe and comprehensive history taking within a online triage context to ensure the most appropriate outcome
• Explore legal issues of online & video consultations including confidentiality, documentation and safety netting
- Lecture: Video consultation challenges
- Workshop: Group simulation of video consultation
- Group simulation of video consultation
- Common conundrums for video consultations
- Plenary Lecture & questions and answers session