About the course
An introduction to the topic of leadership as it relates to a trainee and new consultant psychiatrists. This course provides valuable preparation for consultant/SAS interviews.
The trainer aims to make the day energising, interactive and encourages self-reflection (e.g. how to apply learning to own circumstances). Delegates are encouraged to ask questions and to contribute to group discussions.
The course is evidence based, comprehensive, practical and up to date.
No prior knowledge or experience of leadership and/or management needed.
- What is leadership and management?
- What makes an effective leader?
- Formal and informal leadership roles in mental healthcare
- "Quality" and "participation" in mental healthcare
- Overview of key leadership documents and institutions
- How the NHS works
- How to manage your time more effectively
- How to coach yourself and others
- How to develop services
- Learning leadership in clinics and on the ward
- How to be involved in service improvement projects