Sometimes it feels like the thriving GP is an endangered species – demands on limited time and resources have never been higher.
Our practices run in ever more complex ways and our teams extend beyond the practice walls. We are scrutinised and inspected and expected to be accountable. Often we get that instinctive feeling that there must be a better way to do things but creating the space to make it happen can be difficult.
There are many resources out there; but search for “management and leadership” on Amazon and you will be hit by over 100,000 titles! Which ones are worth reading and which ones aren’t? Which ones apply to the unique quirks of General Practice? Which ones give us practical tips we can implement from tomorrow to improve our personal and practice effectiveness?
As usual Red Whale has done all the legwork to bring you a concise, practical and actionable course and handbook. Not only have we trawled through lots of relevant management, leadership and development literature, but we have also distilled its content through the lens of real GPs, enabling you to apply it to the reality of your practice. Delivered in a lecture based format, with plenty of time for interaction and humour to keep you focused and awake.
What will I learn?
This course will amongst other things:
- Improve your resilience and reduce your stress levels
- Give you ideas to take back control of your time
- Give you tools to successfully deal with others at every level including, if necessary, manage your managers!
- Introduce tested models of working out what needs to be done and implementing change.
The course will cover the following key topics:
- Understanding myself
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Assertiveness - Win Friends and Influence People!
- Conflict and Conflict Management
- Motivation - people make the difference
- Teams and Teamwork
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Delegating Effectively
- Recruiting Effectively
- Managing Difficult People
- Dealing with a colleague who is not doing their job properly
- Improving my Practice
- Data, Information and Measurement
- Project Management
- Change - helping my team through
- Creativity and Problem solving
- Meetings - Making the most of them
- Chairing Meetings
- Politics and Power
- Culture and Culture change
Will we teach you everything there is to know on the subject?
No, but we will give you lots of tools and techniques you will be able to use to make positive changes back in the surgery on Monday morning!
- In addition to the 6 CPD credits gained for attending the course, you will receive a copy of the Lead. Manage. Thrive! Handbook covering additional content to what is presented in the course.
- Like with any other Red Whale course, you will also receive 12 months' subscription to www.gpcpd.com, home of The GP Update Handbook Online; complete with pre-prepared focussed learning activities to earn further CPD credits.
- A buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.