About the course
Postgraduate Diploma/MSc in Medical Education
Cardiff University Wales Deanery
Course Starting: September (each year)
Status: Open for applications.
Delivery Method: Attendance based
Duration: 1 year Full Time or 2 - 3 years Part Time
About this course:
Established as the first United Kingdom taught Masters in medical education programme and now with over two decades of experience, the course continues to promote excellence in learning and teaching for all health care professionals with responsibilities for teaching, assessing and supporting students and trainees. Held in Cardiff, the programme will appeal to those wishing to explore the issues fundamental to effective health professions education, in a dynamic, stimulating and supportive setting.
Over 400 clinicians and other health professionals have joined the course from around the World. Many graduates use the insights gained on the course to introduce innovations to their day to day teaching, whilst others go on to higher level roles and responsibilities to lead and promote excellence in learning and teaching at national and international levels.
The course is highly practical, designed for teachers, trainers, educational and clinical supervisors and course leads in medicine, dentistry, radiography, nursing and other healthcare fields who wish to improve their understanding of educational principles and approaches and their ability to apply them in day-to-day educational work.
Why choose this course?
- Support from an academic team of dedicated educationalists active in professional associations who have a breadth of experience nationally and internationally
- Course design and delivery emphasising principles and application through participatory methods
- Practical forums to increase expertise.
- Assessment tasks linked to your own educational practice.
- Course members from diverse backgrounds to promote understanding and sharing of good practice
- A personal tutoring system to help define learning needs and aid reflection
- An established international alumni network, many of whom have progressed to higher level roles and responsibilities.
- Flexibility to meet individual needs and circumstances.
- Higher Education Academy and Academy of Medical Educators accreditation (providing a direct route to recognition by the respective academy)
We also offer an e-learning Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Medical Education
For more information on our Medical Education courses and how to apply, please visit the Cardiff University website using the link: www.cardiff.ac.uk/pgmde/medicaleducation