This course is designed to help improve the performance of candidates appearing for the MRCS Part B examination. The days comprise of practice sessions with 'mock' MRCS OSCE stations with examiners, and discuss the pitfalls and problems commonly encountered during the examination process. Learning outcomes: On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the knowledge and skills required to pass the MRCS OSCE
- Understand the structure of a typical MRCS OSCE
- Be aware of the common areas of failure associated with the examination
- Identify their strengths & weaknesses relating to skills & knowledge covered by the MRCS OSCE
- Gain essential theoretical knowledge pertaining to the examination
- Utilise effective examination techniques for an OSCE
Target audience: This course is suitable for all candidates preparing for the Intercollegiate MRCS Part B - OSCE examination at any of the four surgical royal colleges. All OSCE examination stations will be covered during the course. Learning style: Discussion groups, small group teaching and OSCE stations.