About the course
Provided by Diploma MSc in Partnership with the University of South Wales.
About the Course
Diploma MSc is an award-winning provider of various online medical education courses for Postgraduate and Masters students. We are now pleased to add a Postgraduate Diploma and Masters course in Medical Education to our expanding range of courses. Our medical education courses are offered in conjunction with our partner, the University of South Wales, who have developed a strong reputation for delivering innovative learning.
We understand that healthcare professionals are increasingly required to have formally recognised teaching qualifications. Our medical education training is aimed at healthcare professionals involved in any form of medical teaching.
- The courses are delivered online and enable you to learn around existing work commitments.
- Our 1 year course is the fastest route to your PGDip / MSc qualification.
- With a team of expert course tutors, we deliver online medical education courses to the highest standard and at affordable prices.
Our medical education training will appeal to Doctors, GPs, Healthcare Professionals and those with related undergraduate degrees (e.g. Pharmacists) or equivalent professional qualifications and background experience.
To learn more visit our course pages: https://goo.gl/2pvF9Z
Delivered over one year, the online part time distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education course is specially developed for busy healthcare professionals who may be expected to teach. The course is worth 120 credits and comprises of 6 modules, each of 6 weeks’ duration. The course aims to enable graduates to develop a critical knowledge and understanding, and application of medical education.
On completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education, you will be able to:
- demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of specific issues at the forefront of theory and practice in medical education
- critically evaluate medical education theories and principles to inform educational practice
- demonstrate awareness of advanced knowledge in educational methods and practice
- display a critical understanding of the intricacies of adult pedagogy.
Module 1 - The practice of medical education
Module 2 - Assessment
Module 3 - Evaluation
Module 4 - Media
Module 5 - Leadership
Module 6 - Curriculum
Students may apply for the MSc in Medical Education as a two-year course, firstly completing the Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits), followed by the MSc (60 credits). Upon completion, you will receive a credible certificate in medical education.
The MSc in Medical Education course offers progression from the Postgraduate Diploma for individuals who are interested in developing a critical knowledge and understanding and application of medical education. The Masters in medical education is a distance learning course, ideal for doctors, GPs, nurses, pharmacists and others in a busy healthcare professionals.
Entry to the 1 year Masters in Medical Education will require the successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education (120 credits) either from the University of South Wales or from another UK University.
Module 1 - Research Methodologies and Critical Appraisal in Medical Education
Module 2 - Professional Project: Medical Education