About the course
A practical course designed to deliver the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to safely manage the acutely unwell child in an emergency situation.
All grades of anaesthetists involved in paediatric emergencies on an irregular and infrequent basis would benefit from this practical day delivered by a team specialising in the safe transport of children from local hospitals to specialist centres.
Lectures and workshops include;
- Practical approach to congenital heart disease
- Time critical transfers
- The child with upper airway obstruction
- Simulation: the collapsed neonate
- Simulation: management of status epilepticus
- Practical skills: advanced airway management
- Simulation: preparing for time critical transfer
- Case based discussions: safe anaesthesia for haemodynamic compromise
- Practical: non invasive ventilation in children