About the course
Action learning for Senior Doctors
The Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM) has launched a new innovative programme of action learning, led by professional FMLM Coaches to help healthcare professionals develop their leadership skills.
Participants will gain insights into:
- overcoming organisational challenges
- creating supportive networks
- promoting personal growth
By using Action Learning Sets (ALS), you will be shown dynamic and effective ways to learn and develop.
How can Action Learning Sets help me?
The ALS approach used for this programme will allow you to learn and develop those essential leadership and management skills required as by today's clinicians. You will also develop an exciting new way of learning through action learning and gain a new approach for you to use on your own leadership journey.
The programme is for senior doctors who are either in or moving to a leadership and management role and will be delivered via four half-day sessions between October 2017 and January 2018.
Duration: Four half-day sessions, one per month between October 2017 and January 2018
Dates: Thursday 12 October, Thursday 9 November, Thursday 7 December and Thursday 11 January.
The four sessions will cover:
- Individual development and how to better understand yourself
- Developing team working and managing change.
- Organisational working, exploring you as an individual and as a team member in the overall context of the system.
- Using the skills you have learnt from previous sets to self-facilitate and explore opportunities beyond the ALS programme.
For more information or to discuss this programme further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme has been designed for senior doctors, however if you are a trainee and would be interested in being part of a trainee focused ALS then please get in touch.