his one-day intensive course is specifically designed for candidates appearing for the exam in October 2017. The course is suitable for candidates who have done adequate prior revision and wish to brush-up on the whole exam syllabus, distributed within the 18 stations, in one day. The course will involve a series of short interactive sessions and focused discussion highlighting the ‘must know’ areas. Candidates will be taken through the core topics in Applied Basic Sciences, and Clinical Knowledge and its application. An overview of clinical examination and communication skills, as well as an understanding of important procedural skills, will be provided. This one-day course is calculated to be worth a minimum of 30 hours of individual revision.
- Applied surgical anatomy
- General physiological principles
- General and system specific pathology
- Principles of surgery in general
- Overview of clinical examination and communication skills
- Practice of procedural skills