About the course
BMJ Learning offers a wide range of evidence-based learning modules on a variety of clinical specialties, covering the topics you face daily. These interactive modules will enable you stay up-to-date while training and testing your skills.
A subscription to BMJ Learning gets you access to these and hundreds of other modules for a year. Find out more and subscribe at learning.bmj.com
After completing this course of modules, you should be able to:
- Confidently assess patients presenting with both acute and chronic diarrhoea
- Manage patients presenting with two common types of gastrointestinal disorder (irritable bowel syndrome and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) and rule out a serious cause of symptoms
- Provide assessment and management for patients with coeliac disease and Crohn’s disease
- Prevent and treat infection with hepatitis B infection
- Avoid missing a diagnosis of appendicitisInterpret both common and serious findings on an abdominal x ray.