About the course
About this course:
Established as the first United Kingdom taught Masters in medical education programme and now with over two decades of experience, the course continues to promote excellence in learning and teaching for all health care professionals with responsibilities for teaching, assessing and supporting students and trainees. Held in Cardiff, the programme will appeal to those wishing to explore the issues fundamental to effective health professions education, in a dynamic, stimulating and supportive setting.
Many graduates use the insights gained on the course to introduce innovations to their day to day teaching, whilst others go on to higher level roles and responsibilities to lead and promote excellence in learning and teaching at national and international levels.
The course is highly practical, designed for teachers, trainers, educational and clinical supervisors and course leads in medicine, dentistry, radiography, nursing and other healthcare fields who wish to improve their understanding of educational principles and approaches and their ability to apply them in day-to-day educational work.
Why choose this course?
- Designed to illustrate and model best practice in learning and teaching.
- Support from an academic team of dedicated educationalists
- Practical forums to increase expertise.
- Assessment tasks linked to your own educational practice.
- Course members from diverse backgrounds to promote understanding and sharing of good practice
- An international alumni network, many of whom have progressed to higher level roles and responsibilities.
- Advance HE (formerly Higher Education Academy) and Academy of Medical Educators accreditation (providing a direct route to recognition by the respective academy).
- Comprehensive menu of face-to-face modules.
- Application of theory, concepts and principles to your clinical setting.
For more information on our Medical Education courses and how to apply, please visit the Cardiff University website using the link: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/courses/group/medical-education
We also offer an e-learning Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Medical Education: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/courses/course/medical-education-e-learning-pgcert
|No fixed date||Cardiff University|