This intensive one-day course aims to provide a focused revision for the DOHNS Clinical/OSCE exam and is aimed at trainees with a specialist interest in ENT surgery and qualified ENT surgeons. The contents includes clinical topics that regularly feature in the exam, encompassing:
- Gross and microscopic anatomy of key areas.
- Identification and management of common ENT pathologies.
- Video and radiological analysis of important conditions.
- Interpretation of specialist investigations.
- Run-through of numerous communication skills scenarios including focused history taking and consenting.
- Familiarization with surgical and emergency equipment.
- Practicing pertinent clinical skills required for the exam.
- Strong emphasis on the clinical application of knowledge and perfecting the examination skills.
The course concludes with a mock OSCE examination, providing the opportunity for individuals to put into practice the skills they have acquired in front of real examiners under real exam conditions.
- Foundation Year 2 trainees
- Core trainees in Surgery with specialist interest in ENT
- General Practice trainees with specialist interest in ENT
- Career ENT trainees
- Qualified ENT Surgeons
- Experienced ENT Surgeons wishing to enhance and advance their knowledge
Course fee includes the following: 1. Diploma in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery: An Essential Revision Guide (normal price £20 including postage) 2. 50 OSCE Stations for DOHNS Part 2 (normal price £19 including postage) 3. Practical Otolaryngology for Junior Doctors (normal price £18 including postage) 4. OSCE question and answer booklets 5. Refreshments and lunch 6. Certificate of Attendance (PDF) Trainees can use their study leave budget to attend this course.