About the course
BMJ Learning offers a wide range of evidence-based learning modules on a variety of clinical specialties, covering the topics you face daily. These interactive modules will enable you stay up-to-date while training and testing your skills.
A subscription to BMJ Learning gets you access to these and hundreds of other modules for a year. Find out more and subscribe at learning.bmj.com
After completing this course of modules, you should:
- Know how physical activity compares with other modifiable behaviours, such as smoking and diet, as a risk factor for mortality
- Know the Chief Medical Officer guidelines for physical activity in the UK
- Understand the mechanisms behind how physical activity can both prevent and treat a range of major diseases
- Understand how physical activity is important in the prevention and treatment of the following conditions:
Osteoarthritis and lower back pain
COPD and asthma
Mental health (depression and anxiety)
- Know the important safety considerations for recommending physical activity in these conditions
- Know the principles of promoting physical activity in primary care.