About the course
BMJ Learning offers a wide range of evidence-based learning modules on a variety of clinical specialties, covering the topics you face daily. These interactive modules will enable you stay up-to-date while training and testing your skills.
A subscription to BMJ Learning gets you access to these and hundreds of other modules for a year. Find out more and subscribe at learning.bmj.com
After completing this course of modules, you should be able to:
- Feel confident in diagnosing and managing common psychiatric conditions in adults such as depression and anxiety
- Understand how bipolar disorder is managed in secondary care
- Feel confident in managing psychiatric emergencies, such as acute psychosis the patient at risk of deliberate self harm
- Understand the side effects of common psychotropic drugs, and explain these to patients
- Diagnose and manage ADHD in children.