About the course
BMJ Learning offers a wide range of evidence-based learning modules on a variety of clinical specialties, covering the topics you face daily. These interactive modules will enable you stay up-to-date while training and testing your skills.
A subscription to BMJ Learning gets you access to these and hundreds of other modules for a year. Find out more and subscribe at learning.bmj.com
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Know the importance of recognising alerting features of possible child maltreatment
- Recognise the common signs of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse and neglect
- Manage disclosure and referral
- Balance confidentiality with the need to share information
- Know what elder abuse is, how to recognise it and what to do if you suspect it
- Understand the prevalence of and health consequences of domestic abuse
- Know how to recognise elder abuse and how to manage it.