Paediatric Clinical Leadership Development Programme: #2 - Managing upwards - making change happen
Provided by Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
About the course
This course is for new and experienced paediatric Clinical Leads and Clinical Directors.
This module aims to help you manage a paediatric clinical directorate and understand how to work with stakeholders to identify and support service development through budget allocation and business planning.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
• Explain the role and responsibilities of the clinical lead/director
• Describe how the role fits into the wider management structure of the local organisation
• Identify local and national health economy and financial drivers
• Demonstrate leadership and influencing skills to effectively manage the directorate
• Pitch a business case to meet a service development need
• Work with your team stakeholders to support service development and delivery