How to Manage: Paediatric Allergy Training - Part 1
Provided by Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
About the course
The PAT series is designed to enhance your knowledge and confidence in managing children with food allergy, eczema, asthma, allergic rhinitis, anaphylaxis and urticaria.
To gain the full benefit from this unique series, we advise delegates to begin with PAT 1 and work through to PAT 3. The series will cover increasing complexity in allergy management through PAT 1, 2 and 3.
PAT 2 will run on 1 February 2019 and PAT 3 on 21 May 2019. To register your interest in these courses, please email the Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
Paediatric Allergy Training Part 1 (PAT 1) will provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage children with food allergies and their comorbid allergic conditions.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain core allergy problems and underlying disease mechanisms
- demonstrate good emergency management of acute allergic presentations
- execute first line management of common allergic conditions
- signpost to options, onward referral and multi-professional resources
- outline the importance of team practice in a multi-disciplinary environment.