How to Manage: Paediatric Allergy Training - Part 3
Provided by Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
About the course
This is the third of the series of three study days focusing on the practical clinical management of paediatric allergy. To gain the full benefit from this unique series, we advise delegates to begin with PAT 1 and work through to PAT 3. The series will cover increasing complexity in allergy management through the days.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- undertake an allergy focused clinical history to interpret SPT and specific IgE results and assess how and when to use food challenges
- explain core allergy problems and underlying disease mechanisms, and identify red flags
- discuss the long-term management and follow up of food allergy and common allergic conditions
- identify strategies for the prevention of food allergy by dietary manipulation
- examine the issues related to establishing an allergy service in general paediatric practice
- recognise the importance of team practice in a multi-disciplinary environment for the effective management of paediatric allergy.