About the course
This one-day course is intended for candidates revising for their MRCPCH Clinical Exam in February 2019, but is recommended at any stage in your preparation. You will gain a greater understanding of the key skills required and the pitfalls to avoid. The course will focus on exam technique and prepare you for the various stations to ensure you plan your revision wisely, make the most of your knowledge and present with confidence in the exam.
You will receive highly specialised advice and practice in:
- Clinical and presentation skills
- Child development
- History taking
The teaching faculty is comprised of highly experienced paediatricians. This elite team will help you to have a better grasp of the assessment criteria as well identify and articulate the skills needed to succeed at each station. It will also ally any fears you have, such as dealing with an uncooperative patient.
The course is highly interactive with workshops, small group work, discussions and role play with professional actors. This course also provides a safe learning environment to encourage you to ask questions and share good practice with others preparing for the exam.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
- Be fully aware of the exam format and what to expect in their assessment on the various stations
- Have developed a clear understanding and familiarity of the assessment criteria and its application in the exam
- Have a clearer understanding of what is required to pass each station through knowledge of the assessment criteria
- Understand the evidence-based pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Be able to reflect on the content, knowledge and revision needed to ensure success in the MRCPCH Clinical exam