MRCPCH Theory and Sciences exam preparation course
Provided by Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
About the course
We know that many candidates find TAS a particularly difficult exam to prepare for using text books alone. Through a combination of online lectures and face-to-face workshops, our elite team of experts will give you a better grasp of the assessment criteria as well articulate the core knowledge needed to improve your score in this exam.
This blended one-day course has been designed specifically to help delegates tackle the areas that previous candidates have found the most difficult. These include topics such as:
- Statistics for the paediatrician
- Embryology in clinical practice
- Lung function interpretation
- Neuroanatomy for the forgetful
Delegates will be given access to 15 video lectures prior to attending the course, which then provides the faculty (led by Dr Will Carroll) the opportunity to focus on individuals' questions and concerns in small, less intimidating groups.
The teaching faculty, which is comprised of highly experienced MRCPCH Theory lecturers with a passion and enthusiasm for basic science, will focus on exam technique and help increase your confidence by working through exam-style questions.
The examiners were really passionate about their topics and, personally, that was more credible and transferable than anything else I could take away (and I took away a lot!).
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
By the end of each course, delegates should:
- understand what most candidates find difficult and know how to tackle these areas of knowledge in the exam
- know more science and understand how this can be applied to patient care
- know where to access useful resources to support knowledge and revision.