About the course
The Royal College of Nurses (RCN) awards 6 accreditation points for attending this one-day course.
This one-day course will be convened by Consultant Colorectal Surgeon Professor P. N. Haray and supported by a multi-professional faculty. It will include live links to the Endoscopy Unit and the Main Operating Theatre, as well as numerous structured presentations which will cover various aspects of the Colorectal Cancer Pathway and offer delegates the opportunity to interact with the faculty.
This course intends to provide delegates with an insight into all aspects of the Colorectal Cancer Patient Pathway, from the Referral Processes, Diagnostic Investigations and Treatment Modalities to Aftercare and Follow-Up Protocols.
This Course is aimed at medical and nursing staff who work in a variety of departments and who play an active role in the patient journey. These include OPD, Endoscopy, Operating Theatre, Wards, Chemo-Radio Therapy, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.
The following aspects will be covered:
- Referral Pathway and Bowel Screening for Colorectal Cancer Patients
- Role of Endoscopy in Colorectal Cancer, including the Live Link
- Role of Radiology in Colorectal Cancer
- Pathological Staging of Colorectal Cancer
- Enhanced Recovery; the Protocol Adopted by Prince Charles Hospital
- Patient Information and Education
- Surgical Options in Colorectal Cancer, including the Live Link
- Role of Oncology in Colorectal Cancer;Follow-Up Protocol
Delegates will be provided with the necessary course materials, including slide handouts, a DVD and a relevant publications list. Delegates will also receive a certificate upon completion of the course.