About the course
These innovative distance-learning programmes, recognised by both the British Burn Association (BBA), and the International Society of Burn Injury (ISBI) deliver the educational foundation for excellent burn care to those practicing or wishing to practice within the multidisciplinary burn team environment.
- Understand the structure and function of skin, the pathophysiology of burn wounds, wound healing and scarring
- Gain insight into the acute and long-term management of burn injuries, scar management, rehabilitation and reconstruction of burns
- Explore the principles of burn anaesthesia, symptom management and burn critical care and the importance of medico legal and psychosocial aspects of burn practice
- Study the use of dressings and tissue-engineered products
- PGCert-One year part-time