About the course
Taught by clinical anatomists and surgeons, this highly regarded and greatly acclaimed course is intended to help trainees prepare for the surgical anatomy and pathology components of the MRCS OSCE exam. The sessions will be predominantly delivered by small group demonstrations and tutorials using anatomical prosections, relevant pathological specimens, osteology and surface anatomy. This course, which takes into consideration the changes introduced in 2018, will: consolidate the candidate's core and applied surgical knowledge in anatomy and relevant pathology; provide a focused revision of pertinent exam topics in this area, and; aid the candidate's aptitude to handle the OSCE stations effectively. There will be a dedicated teaching session on clinically applied surface anatomy. The mock OSCE stations on the second day of the course will cover surgical anatomy (prosections, osteology and surface anatomy), surgical pathology, surgical radiology, and surgical skills and patient safety.
Teaching format and highlights
- Demonstration using anatomical prosections, cross-sections and osteology.
- Small groups tutorials and interactive sessions.
- High-yield topics in surgical pathology.
- Illustration and description of surface anatomy.
- Assessment of applied basic sciences.
- Mock OSCE: There will be 20 OSCE stations that will be structured similar to the exam. Every candidate will get an opportunity to be examined in all the stations on a one-to-one basis.