About the course
Date: Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 January 2021
Time: 09:00-12:30 (GMT) each day
This course is designed for consultants who have some experience of UK training to acquire the appropriate skills to become an educational and clinical supervisor for clinical radiology or clinical oncology specialist trainees. The course content maps to the Academy of Medical Educators standards, and will fulfil the requirements for recognition as a trainer for the General Medical Council.
This course will include the following areas in greater depth:
- Structure of education; bodies involved and their roles
- Civility, bullying and harassment
- Attributes of a good trainer
- Signposting for help with trainees
- Role of GMC; promoting excellence and regulatory framework
- Expectations: Gold Guide
- RCR curriculum, Kaizen portfolio
- Good training behaviours
It assumes prior knowledge of UK training as a former trainee, or previous work in a UK Teaching department.
It will include interactive workshop work.
This is an online, two-day course, you will be required to attend both days. The registration fee will be £120 for members and £149 for non-members.