Focused Ultrasound for Intensive Care: Heart
Provided by Bromley Emergency Training and Research Ltd
About the course
Our FUSIC (Focused Ultrasound for Intensive Care) Heart is fully approved by the Intensive Care Society.
Attendance on an approved course is mandatory for sign-off by the Intensive Care Society.
Our one day course will cover:
- Basic ultrasound physics, machine controls, basic views and image optimisation
- Background to FUSIC (heart)
- Scanning the heart from the PLAX, PSAX, A4C and subcostal windows
- Recognition of anatomy and pathology
- Lots of hands-on experience
We offer lots of scanning practice as in addition to group work there are a number of other devices available to use, including hand-held devices and Heartworks Simulators.