About the course
This interactive one-day course aims to equip delegates with the knowledge and skills required of a Day 1 Trauma and Orthopaedic SHO on-call. The course is aimed at Foundation Year Doctors and
Core Surgical Trainees in a Trauma and Orthopaedics rotation, as well as early Specialty Trainees in Trauma and Orthopaedics.
Delegates will become more confident in managing orthopaedic emergencies and the common orthopaedic presentations that one is likely to encounter whilst on call.
The simulated virtual fracture clinic and highly interactive clinical scenarios will enable delegates to build their own personal toolkit of knowledge and skills to help them thrive during Trauma and
The small-group sessions will include:
1. ‘The Essentials’ - NOFs and CES
2. ‘The Open Fracture’ - open ankle fractures, reduction, and below knee backslab
3. ‘The Hot Swollen Joint’ - septic arthritis and knee joint aspiration
4. ‘The Broken Wrist’ - distal radial fractures, reduction/haematoma block, and below elbow
5. ‘The MIU Hand Referral’ - nail bed injuries, ring block, and nail bed repair
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course