About the course
About the course
The PgDip Practical Dermatology aims to provide you with a sound understanding of skin disease as it presents in practice, enabling GPs to achieve better outcomes for patients with dermatological problems.
Innovative distance learning
The course is delivered entirely through a highly interactive, online distance learning programme that can be accessed from anywhere within the international healthcare professional community. This allows for a degree of flexibility of study to suit your individual needs and support will be provided wherever possible.
Through dedicated online tutorial support, discussion forums and online assessments, you will become a member of an enthusiastic and supportive online community of doctors with an interest in dermatology. This environment allows collaboration, both academic and clinical, which can extend beyond the life of the programme.
What you will gain
Upon completion of the Postgraduate Diploma course, you should be able to:
- Solve diagnostic problems involving skin rashes and lesions
- Postulate management strategies and treatment solutions for inflammatory dermatoses and skin lesions
- Critically appraise evidence supporting management plans in dermatology
- Propose improvements to treatment strategies
- Design learning materials for use in patient and carer education for skin diseases
- Modify treatment approaches by incorporating new developments in the dermatology literature as part of lifelong learning
International reputation and up-to-date curriculum
The course holds international accreditation from the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians and Hong Kong Medical Association. Cardiff University’s research is improving, influencing and informing healthcare across Wales and beyond.
Open to all qualified doctors currently working/training as general practitioners or clinical assistants in dermatology and those hoping to pursue a special interest in dermatology, applications are now open. No prior dermatology knowledge or practice is required. Find out more and apply to start in September 2023.