About the course
This intensive course is aimed at delegates preparing for Section I (SBA) of the Intercollegiate FRCS Examination in General Surgery. The course will be delivered by a group of experienced senior consultants who will highlight the key components and discuss high-yield topics from each sub-speciality within the JCST General Surgical curriculum. The course takes into consideration the changes introduced to the exam from May 2021. The new exam will consists of 120 SBA questions in paper 1 and 120 SBA questions in paper 2. Each paper will be of 2 hours and 15 minutes in duration.
- Interactive discussions and active delegate participation
- Focused teaching on high yield topics
- Updates on current guidelines and advances in all sub-specialities
- Solving sample SBA questions
- Discussion on clinical images and pathology specimens
- Practical tips and exam preparation guidance from senior trainees who have recently passed the FRCS Exam
- On completion of this course, delegates should be confident in their preparation for the Section I of the examination.
- Delegates will be familiar with the correct examination techniques.
ST5 or above/SpR Year 3 or above in General Surgery.
Recommended for trainees planning to sit the FRCS Section I Exam within 12 months.
Topics and Subspecialities
- Upper Gastrointestinal
- Breast & Endocrine
- General, Trauma & Emergency Surgery
- Critical Care
|29 Sep 2023||Online||Book now|