About the course
The MSc in Implant Dentistry is an intensive clinical, academic and research programme offered to dentists with little or no experience in Implantology.
About the degree
On successful completion of this programme:
- You will be able to analyse new insights into current problems in your field of study, referring to your systematic understanding of knowledge
- You will be able to assess, plan and execute both the surgical and restorative aspects of dental implant treatment in straight forward cases.
- You will be able to identify and differentiate between low and high-risk dental implant cases.
- You will be able to formulate and prescribe an appropriate implant maintenance plan in relation to patient risk profile.
- You will be able to recognise and manage complications in dental implantology.
- You will be able to review procedures and techniques for more advanced implantology cases.
Who this course is for
The programme is ideal for Dental Practitioners wishing to develop their practice in Implant Dentistry in order to improve job satisfaction and to be able to offer patients a higher level of implant care.
This programme is open to UK students and ideally suited for dentists with little or no experience in Implant dentistry. You can exit after the first year with a PG Certificate or after the second year with a PG Diploma.
Overseas students can take the Certificate year only and should apply to the PG Certificate course.
What this course will give you
The programme is offered as a blended programme and ideally suited for the busy practitioner working in dental practice in the UK. Opportunity will be provided to treat your patients in our state-of-the-art facilities with specialist supervision.
Material is delivered through lectures in a seminar setting, hands-on workshops, interactive case discussion and treatment planning exercises. Live surgeries of patient treatment will be performed as well as video demonstrations.
The programme is taught by experienced specialist dentists on the institute's staff and complemented by respected visiting clinicians and teachers.
UCL's MSc in Implant Dentistry will provide the skills to be able to restore implant supported restorations. They will have the skills and knowledge to be able to work closely with an implant surgeon for joint implant planning and treatment of implant patients. This will inevitably bring increased opportunities for working in private dental practice. The knowledge and experience gained will allow opportunities to continuing further study in the field of dentistry.
Recent career and study destinations of alumni from our implant postgraduate diploma programme include:
- Specialist Training programme in Prosthodontics at UCL Eastman Dental Institute.
- Associate in private practice, UK
Find out more via the Book Now button.