About the course
After completing this module you should know:
- The staging systems for and causes of acute kidney injury (AKI)
- How to investigate AKI, how to assess fluid balance and when to seek specialist advice
- The likely prognosis after an AKI has resolved
- The causes and prognosis of chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- The implications of implications of CKD for prescribing decisions
- Indications for acute dialysis and the difference between different forms of renal replacement therapy, including transplantation.