About the course
Upon completion of this module you should know:
- The key recommendations in the NICE guidance that affect GPs
- How to recognise a person with an emerging psychosis
- Which patients to refer and where
- The adverse effects of antipsychotics in patients with psychosis or schizophrenia
- The role of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in reducing life expectancy in people with psychosis or schizophrenia
- Strategies for monitoring the physical health of people with psychosis or schizophrenia.
This series "Guideline focus" is intended to help you keep up to date with key guideline changes in primary care. The modules accompany the relevant guideline, highlighting important changes and practical implications, allowing you to test your knowledge at the end. They don't cover every aspect or recommendation in the guideline, and we recommend you use the module in conjunction with the published guideline.