Best Practice for Non-Invasive Ventilation -Interfacing Human Factors & Technology at the Fro...
Provided by Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
About the course
This inter-professional course is suitable for all healthcare professionals that may encounter and manage patients using non-invasive ventilation (NIV).
Participants will be involved in a series of practical work-shops and simulated scenarios using actors and manikins. A debriefing framework is used to assist participants to learn positively and constructively from their experience on the course.
· To work more effectively with colleagues when initiating and managing NIV in the emergency and acute environment
· To provide a framework for reviewing your working environment and its effect on the patient's experience and their safety in relation to Human Factors
After completing this course attendees will be able to:
· Provide a safe framework for the use of Non-Invasive Ventilation
· Understand the scientific principals of respiratory failure
· Recognise the principals, indications and contraindications for NIV
· Safely able to prescribe, set up, and trouble shoot NIV
· Recognise the limitations of NIV
· Learn basic principals of Human Factors in healthcare
This course is suitable for:
· ST1 Doctors to Consultants
· High Dependency or Emergency Staff with Respiratory Patients